Saturday, November 28, 2009

Spitting Cobra in our backyard?!

Every day is filled with new creatures I have never seen before! We’ve had a number of frogs roaming around the house, along with unique insects, bugs and spiders. But I think the spitting cobra right outside our house tops it all off. EWWWW!!!! I almost screamed! I hate snakes with a passion so when Megan called me over to see the scary snake I almost decided to run in the opposite direction, but then again how many times do you get to see a cobra on the loose in your backyard right? When I got there, our two guard dogs were going crazy and barking at the snake which made it rise up and its wings (the little flappy things on its neck) come out. The snake eventually slithered away but it spat in both the dog’s eyes so they were all red and watery. Poor girls! But they’re doing fine now so it’s all good – although I think I would sleep a bit better at night knowing that the snake was dead...oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment